- NMDB Stations
- Almaty NM, Kazakhstan (AATB)
- Armenian NMs
- Athens NM, Greece (ATHN)
- Bartol (University of Delaware) NMs
- Doi Inthanon, Thailand (PSNM)
- Dome C NMs, Antarctica (DOMC and DOMB)
- Dourbes NM, Belgium (DRBS)
- ESOI-TAU, Israel (ESOI)
- Guadalajara, Spain (CALM)
- Jang Bogo, South Korea (JBGO)
- Kerguelen (KERG) and Terre Adelie (TERA) stations, France
- Kiel, Germany (KIEL, KIEL2)
- Koldewey Station, Spitzbergen
- Lomnicky stit, Slovakia (LMKS)
- Mexico City NM (MXCO)
- Oulu, Finland (OULU)
- Plateau de Bure NM, France (BURE)
- RUSSIAN NMs
- Rome, Italy (ROME)
- South African NMs
- Swiss NMs
- Zugspitze, Germany
Kiel, Germany (KIEL, KIEL2)
The detector is housed on top of the old building of the Nuclear Physics department.
|Detector||Standard 18-NM64 neutron monitor (3 units of 6 counters)|
|Geographic latitude||54.34° N|
|Geographic longitude||10.12° E|
|Effective vertical cutoff rigidity (Epoch 2000.0)||2.36 GV|
|In operation:||1957-1964 (IGY)|
|since 1964 (NM64)|
|Detailed station information:|
|July 1957 - December 1964|
|September 1964 - December 1989|
|January 1990 - December 2010|
|January 2011 - present|
The neutron monitor at Kiel (Germany) is operated by the Extraterrestrial Physics Department of the Institute for Experimental and Applied Physics of the Christian-Albrechts University of Kiel.
The new real-time registration system built by the University of Alcala registers data for the Kiel NM in the KIEL2 table.
The data is pressure corrected, but the values for efficiency correction have not been determined yet, so the absolute count-rates differ from KIEL by about 5%.
This registration system is still in testing mode, the data should not be used for scientific work yet, although it may be suitable for real-time ALERTS.