- NMDB Stations
- Almaty NM, Kazakhstan (AATB)
- Armenian NMs
- Athens NM, Greece (ATHN)
- Bartol (University of Delaware) NMs
- Doi Inthanon, Thailand (PSNM)
- Dome C NMs, Antarctica (DOMC and DOMB)
- Dourbes NM, Belgium (DRBS)
- ESOI-TAU, Israel (ESOI)
- Guadalajara, Spain (CALM)
- Jang Bogo, South Korea (JBGO)
- Kerguelen (KERG) and Terre Adelie (TERA) stations, France
- Kiel, Germany (KIEL, KIEL2)
- Koldewey Station, Spitzbergen
- Lomnicky stit, Slovakia (LMKS)
- Mexico City NM (MXCO)
- Oulu, Finland (OULU)
- Plateau de Bure NM, France (BURE)
- RUSSIAN NMs
- Rome, Italy (ROME)
- South African NMs
- Swiss NMs
- Zugspitze, Germany
Dome C NMs, Antarctica (DOMC and DOMB)
The neutron monitors DOMC and DOMB are installed at research station Concordia at Dome C, Central Antarctica.
|Detector||BF3-filled detectors LND2043 with the enhanced gas pressure of 933 hPa.|
|Geographic latitude||75°06' S|
|Geographic longitude||123°20' E|
|Altitude||3233 m asl|
|Effective vertical cutoff rigidity||<0.01 GV|
|In continous operation since||Feb 2015|
|Detailed station information:||
February 2015 - present / |
DOMC is a single-detector standard-design mini neutron monitor (with a lead layer). DOMB is a single-detector "bare" (lead-free) mini neutron monitor.
The instruments are designed and manufactured in the Centre of Space Research (North-West University, Potchefstroom, South Africa). They are located in the heated physics shelter of the station Concordia. The station has the elevation of 3.2 km asl. The physics shelter is approx. 2 meters above the ice surface.
The neutron monitors are operated by Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory (University of Oulu, Finland).
Conditions for Use of Data
- Details about the use of the Dome C neutron monitors data can be found in http://cosmicrays.oulu.fi/readme.html
The neutron monitors are a part of the projects CRIPA (project number 264378) and CRIPA-X (project number 304435).
Reference: Poluianov, S., Usoskin, I., Mishev, A., Moraal, H., Krueger, H., Casasanta, G., Traversi, R., Udisti, R., Mini Neutron Monitors at Concordia Research Station, Central Antarctica, J. Astron. Space Sci. 32(4), 281-287, 2015, doi:10.5140/JASS.2015.32.4.281.