- Work Packages and Project Groups
- Cosmic Rays Info
- EU grant related documents
- NMDB conferences
- NMDB publications
- NMDB reports
- Public outreach: telecon on 17 April 2009 about the progress of the PO web site
- WP1 Management
- WP2 Architectural design
- WP3 Guidelines for data acquisition
- WP4 User tools
- WP5 Applications/services
- WP6 Training and dissemination / public outreach
NMDB training material: written tutorials
The tutorials on subjects related to cosmic ray physics and neutron monitors address mostly students at University level, as well as researchers and engineers from different domains. The texts are still subject to changes and evolution.
- Basics of cosmic rays (1.5 MB).
- Particle motion in magnetic fields: cyclotron motion, concept of magnetic rigidity (preliminary).
Solar wind and heliospheric magnetic field:
- The magnetic field in the solar corona: constraints on the origin of the heliospheric magnetic field (5.78 MB).
- Solar wind and heliospheric magnetic field: general aspects, Parker and Weber-Davis model of the magnetic field and recent modifications (1.78 MB; preliminary).
- Forbush decreases: Transient perturbations of the heliospheric magnetic field and their effects on galactic cosmic rays (2.01 MB).
Impact of cosmic rays: