- NMDB Stations
- Almaty NM, Kazakhstan (AATB)
- Armenian NMs
- Athens NM, Greece (ATHN)
- Bartol (University of Delaware) NMs
- Dourbes NM, Belgium (DOUR)
- ESOI-TAU, Israel (ESOI)
- Guadalajara, Spain (CALM)
- Kerguelen (KERG) and Terre Adelie (TERA) stations, France
- Kiel, Germany (KIEL, KIEL2)
- Koldewey Station, Spitzbergen
- Lomnicky stit, Slovakia (LMKS)
- Oulu, Finland (OULU)
- Plateau de Bure NM, France (BURE)
- RUSSIAN NMs
- Rome, Italy (ROME)
- Swiss NMs
- Zugspitze, Germany
NM64 NM Jungfraujoch (JUNG1)
The detector is housed on the roof of the Research Station Jungfraujoch.
|Detector||Standard 3-NM64 neutron monitor (3 units of 1 counter)|
|Geographic latitude||46.55° N|
|Geographic longitude||7.98° E|
|Altitude||3475 m asl|
|Effective vertical cutoff rigidity (Epoch 2010.0)||4.5 GV|
|In continous operation since||1986|
|Detailed station information:||January 1986 - present|
Snow on the roof of the detector housing cannot be removed due to the danger of avalanches and falling rocks. Therefore it is possible that a rather large amount of snow can accumulate on the roof of the housing mainly during winter and spring time. Special incidents such as strong wind or melting snow are noted in a journal.
The operation of the neutron monitors is supported by the Physikalisches Institut of the University of Bern and by the International Foundation High Altitude Research Stations Jungfraujoch and Gornergrat (HFSJG), CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.
Conditions for Use of Data
- You agree to achnowledge providing of the data in any published use of the data.
Example: "Jungfraujoch neutron monitor data were kindly provided by the Cosmic Ray Group, Physikalisches Institut, University of Bern, Switzerland"
- You agree to send a copy of any paper using these data to:
University of Bern
CH-3012 Bern / Switzerland
- Commercial or industrial use of the data is prohibited without previous agreement with the PI of the station (see name and address above)
- You may share these data with colleagues, provided you inform them of these conditions.